No Objection Certificate (NOC) becomes an important certificate if, at any time, you have a financial commitment towards a lender or a financial institution for your two wheeler loan or government authority. In case you have availed of a two-wheeler loan from a bank, then you will get NOC after paying the whole of the loan amount. There may also arise a situation where you may be shifting from your current city to another city or state. In that case, you will require a NOC from the Regional Transport Office stating that you have cleared all your charges and do not have any pending liability towards the RTO.
The Process to Get NOC
- NOC from Bank
After paying all the dues towards your two-wheeler loan, you can apply for NOC in your bank or financial institution. Just follow the following steps to get the NOC:
- Visit the bank’s website and log in to your account
- Search for NOC on the website and download it.
- If you are unable to download the NOC, visit the bank’s branch to obtain it.
- NOC from RTO
In case you are shifting from your current city to another, you fall within the jurisdiction of that city’s RTO. Therefore, before registering your two-wheeler there, you will need to obtain the NOC from your current state’s RTO. The procedure for this is online, and just follow the below steps:
- Visit the Parivahan website of the Government of India
- Select your current state and RTO office
- Click on the button Log on to Avail Services
- A new page will open. Click on the button ‘Application for No Objection Certificate’
- Enter your vehicle registration number and two-wheeler chassis number. Then click on ‘Validate Registration Number/Chassis Number’
- An application form will be generated. Fill in all the required details. Enter your vehicle insurance details in the applicati0on form
- Enter the new RTO State Code and save the form
- Pay the required fees and take a printout of the receipt
- Visit your current RTO office with the printout of the fees receipt and all the necessary documents to further process your request
Documents Required for NOC
- NOC from banks
Most probably, you will get the NOC online or in your mail after you clear all the dues towards your two wheeler loan. In case you don’t receive it, you can carry your RC and supporting documents as required by your bank to get the NOC.
- NOC from RTO
For getting a NOC from the RTO, you will need to carry the following documents:
- Form 28 (Application form)
- Copy of RC book and vehicle insurance policy
- Proof of road tax paid up-to-date along with a receipt for the same.
- Certificate for Pollution Under Control (PUC)
- Pencil print of your vehicle’s engine and chassis number
- Signature of the two wheeler’s owner
Costs for Getting NOC
The cost for getting a NOC varies according to the policies of the respective banks financing your two wheeler loans and the RTOs.
Importance of NOC
NOC becomes important due to the following reasons:
- To carry out the further sale of your two-wheeler
- To cancel the hypothecation in favor of the bank after payment of all the pending dues of your two wheeler loan.
- To facilitate the transfer of your vehicle from one city to another in case you are shifting from your city.
No Objection Certificate is an important document to certify that the banks and the authorities have no objection to you leaving the city. You can receive the NOC from either a bank or your state’s RTO. Also, if you’re planning to buy a two wheeler, there are many lenders and banks providing attractive two wheeler loan interest rates. You can use a two-wheeler loan EMI calculator by just entering the loan amount, tenure, and your two wheeler loan interest rate.
Check your eligibility for a two wheeler loan now.