All off-grid companies have similar challenges. They must keep a tab of profit margins, and at the same time, focusing on operational efficiency and carbon reduction targets is important. A small business in the UK spends about £19k per year on electricity and power, and that’s massive to say the least. Oil has been the traditional off-grid fuel of choice, but environmental and price concerns have proved LPG and LNG are better and favourable choices. LPG, in particular, is a cleaner and reliable than fossil fuels. If you are planning the switch, LPG gas tank suppliers Flogas has listed the questions that must be asked.
- What is LPG? Is it environment-friendly? – For the uninitiated, LPG or Liquefied Petroleum Gas is a blanket term for Propane (C3H8) and Butane (C4H10). LPG is considered to be by-product of oil extraction and refining. LPG is cleaner than all fossil fuels and emits 33% less CO2 than coal and around 15% less than heating oil with no black carbon. For companies, this simply means lower carbon footprint and access to a cleaner supply for the future.
- Is LPG ideal for my business? – LPG has over 1,000 uses and can be availed in bulk or in cylinders that are easy to port. LPG can be used for diverse industrial needs, right from steam generation, manufacturing processes, and heating. It finds use in most industries, including leisure and agriculture, and can be also used as a fuel for forklift trucks. You can check UKLPG website for more details.
- Can LPG help in saving money? – If you run an energy-intensive company, cost benefits with LPG are likely to be huge, especially if you are still using oil. Compared in terms of calorific value with oil, LPG ranks higher and is more energy efficient without a doubt. With reduced maintenance, downtime can be prevented considerably.
- How difficult is the switch to LPG? Can my company rely on it? – The whole process of moving to LPG from oil is seamless, and a dedicated project manager will sort the entire thing, which is customized to meet the needs of your business. Installation can be done as per the operational needs. LPG is also very reliable, so you are basically having a mains gas supply, which is available in abundance and is much more accessible and easier to use.
- Should I consider Liquefied natural gas (LNG)? – Liquefied natural gas (LNG) is a better choice for off-grid companies that rely on massive operations and usage of oils. This is also a better and ideal choice for larger logistics operations, such as shipping, and also for powering emergency generators at work sites.
Check online for details!