Online banking has gained much importance in our lives. The accessibility of online banking makes it an essential tool to have at our disposal. Apart from providing access to our bank account, it also lets us open a bank account online for free in the comforts of our home. The process is easy, and you will get customer support if you face any difficulties or problems.
IDFC FIRST Bank is one of the best banks on mobile that enhances the user experience and convenience. The banking apps provide several features such as easy transactions, linking all bank accounts under one platform, paying your bills, and instant personal loans with minimal documentation.
If you want to open a bank account on mobile, here are a few things that you should know about it.
How to open a bank account online?
If you want to get access to the mobile banking app, you should be an existing account holder of the bank. To open a new bank account online:
- Download the IDFC FIRST Bank mobile banking app from the Google Play Store
- Log into the application using the user ID and password received along with the welcome kit.
- Get the application for the bank account from the link
- Enter your details such as name, mobile number, and email address
- Enter PAN number and Aadhaar number/VID number
- Fill in your personal and professional details
- Deposit money
- Complete Video KYC
- Get account number
5 points to remember when opening an online bank account
Now you know how to open an online account through a mobile banking app like the IDFC FIRST Bank mobile app. While you open an account online, remember some points such as:
- Know DifferentTypes of Bank Account: IDFC FIRST Bank offers different types of savings accounts. Each type of account is unique and has its advantages. Some of the most popular savings accounts are:
- Zero Balance Account
- Regular Savings Account
- Salaries Account
- Senior Citizen Savings Account
Before starting the process, make sure to find the right type of account that suits your needs.
- Required Documentation and Procedure: Usually, banks on mobile demand to upload the applicant’s Aadhaar Card and PAN Card details. You need to fill out the KYC details in the application form and upload the application with the documents. An executive will conduct a video conference to verify the documents. You should show the original documents on the camera.
- Cheque Book: When you apply for a bank account online, you can opt for a bank cheque book and select the number of cheque leaf you require. After completing the application process, you will receive the cheque book through post or courier.
- Interest Rate: You can earn interest on the balance in your savings account that helps maximize your return.The rate of interest is calculated based on the savings account you hold. So, know the rate of interest you get for your account.
- Withdrawal Limit: Makesure to check the withdrawal limit for your bank account. Banks offer a withdrawal limit of 25000 to 100000 per day for any savings account. The withdrawal limit depends on the type of savings account and the card you hold.
Consider these points and open a free bank account on the IDFC FIRST Bank mobile banking app now.